Northern VRI Golf Club
Northern VRI Golf Club was formed in 1995. We currently have around 45 members and play every 4th Sunday of the month (depending on course availability, public holidays etc) at different courses north of Melbourne incorporating one new ‘signature’ course each year. Some of our recent signature courses have included Sanctuary Lakes, Waterford Valley and Sandhurst. Our regular courses include:
- Growling Frog
- Hidden Valley
- Whittlesea, Kilmore
Each month we have many great prizes on offer across many regular comps such as:
- Monthly Medal winner (Nett)
- Handicap grade winners (A, B and sometimes C depending on numbers) (Nett)
- Handicap grade runners up (Nett)
- Nearest the pin on all par 3s
- Longest Drive for each grade
Not to mention the ball run or ‘encouragement award’ for the lowest 12 nett scores and the ever popular NAGA for the best story of the day!
Northern VRI is a family friendly club with the annual weekend trip to Moama to finish the year incorporating our presentation night to which families are invited to attend. Perpetual trophies and individual trophies are presented for:
- The best eclectic score for the year (based on the Moama course card)
- Medal of medallists winner and runner up – played at Moama for all monthly medal winners
- Club champion – based on championship points collected each month
- Matchplay winner and runner up – with the final match played at Moama
- Winter Cup – played across the winter months with 2 of the best nett scores of the 3 months winning
Membership is affordable and includes a club t-shirt supplied by our fantastic sponsors. We are always seeking new members and encourage all levels of ability. No handicap is required – one will be assigned to you after your first three rounds and maintained by our extremely generous handicapper. AGU handicapped members also welcome.
For more information about how to join our club or to join us for our next game, contact our friendly Captain or one of the following committee members:
Captain – Tony McDougall – 0408 305 463
President – David Matthews – 0488 048 852
Secretary – Marcus Schilhabel – 0405 530 436
NORTHERN VRI GOLF CLUB Annual Sports Report 2020
Club Champion: David Angelino
Rich River Champion: Shaun Emery
Match play Champion: Chris Howitt
Putting champion: Marcel Van Rallte
Eclectic Champion: Chris Howitt
The Northern VRI golf club has a successful season with new members joining with a healthy list we continue to provide an outlet for VRI members to participate and be healthy.
The VRI State open championships were held at Cobram Barooga for the first time with an increase in attendees.
Champion: Matthew Duddington.
The next golfing ANZRI carnival was to be in May Mandurah Western Australia which is now postponed until the following year.
David Matthews, President, Northern VRI Golf Club